Tuesday, January 8, 2013

365 days to an organized life - Day 8

You would think that with the fourth child, I would have this mom thing down pat. But I am often reminded that I am no Supermom. One reminder comes from the diaper bag. I've packed it hundreds of times over the past 9 years. More often than not, I forget some vital piece and wonder, "Why?"

So, let's make a list. It can be a laminated checklist, a list in Remember the Milk that repeats after a day, or a list in your day planner. So let's think about what we need.

For the Baby:
Bottles
Formula
Diapers
Wipes
Teething tablets
Change of clothes
Extra socks
Snacks
Teething toys

For the Toddler:
Pullups
Wipes
Snacks
Sippy cup
Change of clothes
Her baby doll

For Mom:
Hand sanitizer (for when you are juggling a baby and can't wash your hands as well as you would like.)
Lip balm
Bottle of water
Wallet
Cell Phone
Keys

For the older kids:
(If I plan to be gone more than half the day, I pack some things for the 7 yr old and 9 yr old)
Extra set of clothes each
Snacks
Bottles of water
Activity books
Pencils/crayons

Now let's just make sure I check my list as we are walking out the door. What was forgotten today was ready but didn't make it out the door.


No comments:

Post a Comment