Thursday, January 10, 2013

365 days to an organized life - Day 10

We're back in the kitchen today. My kitchen gets a lot of use so it needs a lot of cleaning. I divide the surfaces down into several different tasks so that I can tackle what I have time for. Here are some daily tasks that I check to keep the kitchen in good shape. I wipe down the surfaces and put things away.

1) Clean sink - Don't forget to clean around the faucet

2) Clean stove - Remember the back splash or wherever food might splatter.

3) Clean sink counter - Clean the area around the sink

4) Clean bar counter - This is a major hotspot so I try to get quite a few things put back where they belong.

5) Clean stove counter - Wash the countertops around the stove.

A clean kitchen creates more homemade meals. It's so much easier to start a dish in the crockpot when the crockpot is clean and there is room on the counter to plug it in. I'm more likely to roll out the biscuits to make a flakier bread instead of just spooning them into the skillet if the marble slab is clean. I'm more likely to let the boys help make a sweet treat for snack if I have the room for all of us to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment