Monday, January 28, 2013

365 days to an organized life - Day 28

Well, I fell off the wagon a bit for days 26 and 27. I still got a few things done but I have some catching up to do today. I am going to make a paper version of my lists so we can all check the next to do while another is on the IPad. I am also going to try to (as much as possible) wear one hat at a time. Saturday seems to be the best day to get cleaning done so I will not worry about more than the daily basics when I am wearing the homeschool teacher hat. Trying to wear all the hats all the time just means nothing gets done well. Besides, Mamaw told me that was bad luck anyhow.

I have a stack of worksheets for Katie Rose from Sing Spell Read and Write. We are doing A-Z first then a number of misc sheets then A-Z again. We are almost through the first set of abc's and she is learning to trace a dotted line really well.

There are a lot of skills a preschooler can work on. So I have the activities divided by day.

Monday -  Scissors activity - It is easy to forget how much strength and dexterity is needed just to cut with scissors. Magazine pages are an easy medium to cut.

Tuesday - Lacing cards - this activity also works on the fine motor skills that are needed.

Wednesday - Pattern activity - You can make a pattern for them to repeat using Pom poms or blocks.

Thursday - Painting activity - with four kids in a rental house, I can't leave paint out all the time. So one special day a week, we can do an art project.

Friday - Matching activity - this can be matching flash cards or magnets or small toys and such.

These activities keep the toddler busy while the older boys do their school work.

No comments:

Post a Comment