Wednesday, January 23, 2013

365 days to an organized life - Day 23

A great idea for keeping UFO's (un finished objects) from piling up is to keep a set of tasks in a craft list. I set these due dates to never so I don't have to continually postpone til I get time to complete the tasks.

I can divide out sewing projects as such.

Cutting

Ironing on interfacing

Gathering

Sewing on Velcro, buttons or embellishments

Sewing seams and hems

Cleaning up Trimming threads and such from the project.

With all the steps listed, any amount of time can potentially move the project forward. I recently did four of the same sewing project. I did one start to finish first to make sure I was doing the project right. I then made three more in almost the same amount of time that it took to make one. For gift giving, this can make great use of your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment