Monday, January 21, 2013

365 days to an organized life - Day 21

To be able to maintain blogging throughout the year, I divided each day into specific goals.

Sunday - spiritual
Monday - homeschooling
Tuesday - cleaning
Wednesday - crafting
Thursday - organizing
Friday - cooking
Saturday - personal

Here is my foundation. I keep my lesson plans and record their completion in Home School Inc.'s free planner. I do this because it allows you to print reports for their cover school. Also, you can definitely tell it was designed by a homeschooler. It really anticipates what you need. I can say that I want 3 pages of geography completed each day. I enter the start page, end page and the number of pages for each day and it automatically calculates it and adds it as the objective for each day. Completely fabulous!

I also have a list of subjects for each child in Remember the Milk including things that I don't record in Home School Inc like their Body Test in Wii Fit and their Brain test in Big Brain Academy.

Let's talk about math. I have them working in Splash Math which is a very extensive math app. It also has reports that help me know where they need to focus. There is an app for each grade level.

This weekend we learned how to do Waldorf multiplication. Very cool! I don't want it to be a intense focus but I would like them to practice a couple of problems each week. Same goes for the abacus.

So, Monday, Wednesday and Friday will have a problem with the abacus. Tuesday and Thursday will have a Waldorf problem. A small addition to keep things fresh and interesting but not taking away too much time from fractions, decimals and pre-algebra.

No comments:

Post a Comment