Saturday, January 12, 2013

365 days to an organized life - day 12

Life is full of ups and downs and for a mom, that can include financial, health, hormonal, relationships and more. It seems just as you're getting things lined up right, the dominoes are tapped and it all falls apart. I've known this struggle for many years. I've solidified a few things in my life so that when things fall, everything doesn't fall. But it's still frustrating.

My "ups" are awesome. I get big ideas. I've committed myself to finishing more things so I get great accomplishments. I feel like I'm running on adrenaline and I wear myself out but I love it.

But what goes up must come down. Recently, I began to feel the crash coming on. I was beyond frustrated. Could it be that I could only be the wife and mother I want to be with the help of adrenaline? And really, that can't be good for my health. Why do I have such ups and downs? What triggers them?

When I am up, I am energetic, motivated and feeling good. When I am down, I am lethargic, indecisive and somewhat depressed. Then it hit me. My feelings......my emotions had become my master. And what a heavy yoke, it had given me. But Jesus says in Matthew 11:29-30 that his yoke is easy and his burden is light.

As I schedule my life, I am going to schedule things that will allow me to show Jesus' love to those around me and promote the attitude of a servant. And do them, no matter how I feel. I'm kicking the old master to the curb.

Today, add a regular reminder to connect with someone. It may be to write a note, make a call or visit them. Focus on how you can be Jesus in a tangible way to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment