Thursday, January 3, 2013

365 days to an organized life - Day 3

Sometimes, we need a reminder to take care of ourselves. A simple way to start is water. We greatly underestimate the importance in being properly hydrated. So I added six tasks to my schedule to repeat daily on Remember the Milk app.

Drink 1st glass of water
Drink 2nd glass of water
Drink 3rd glass of water
Drink 4th glass of water
Drink 5th glass of water
Drink 6th glass of water

I set the first two to High priority which lets me know I need to drink two glasses in the morning. I set the next two to Medium priority which need to be drank in the afternoon. The last two are Low priority for the evening hours. I have been having a soda or sweet tea in the evening when I'm sure that I have or will have all six glasses of water drank that day.

The first day that I did this, I had lost 2.5 lbs the next morning after eating holiday candy the day before. Yes, I know it's water weight. But my pants aren't as snug so it feels great.

I set this up for my older boys and are reminding them to drink their water. I gave them smaller glasses, but I'm finding it is hard to get them past 4 glasses. We'll keep working at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment