Monday, December 1, 2014

Babystep #18

Babystep #1 Add kefir daily or at least several times a week. 

Babystep #2 One batch of broth and subsequently soup a week. 

Babystep #3 Introduce fermented veggies. 

Babystep #4 Streamline kitchen  - I added the blender back to the counter since I was taking it in and out a little too often with making smoothies. I'm also keeping a small basket on the floor to toss stray toys and shoes to keep the floor clear.

Babystep #5 Add detox baths

Babystep #6 Add omega 3 supplements  In a Facebook group, someone was asking for help with little bumps on their skin. Someone commented that they also had them on the backs of their arms and that it was a fatty acid deficiency. Some of the children and I have had this as well but they're almost gone since starting these supplements back.

Babystep #7 Purchase some more local raw honey. 

Babystep #8 Ginger tea - I've started keeping a mason jar of it in the fridge to add to my water.

Babystep #9 Magnesium supplements - I've had this cold which is hopefully all wrapped up. I've used my inhaler 3 times in the past two weeks. Disappointing but still that's less than I was using it when I wasn't sick.

Babystep #10 Sourdough starter

Babystep #11 Drink water first thing in the morning. 

Babystep #12 Work on creating a natural bath set for the children - I love using coconut oil as a moisturizer. No worries about avoiding any nicks or scrapes. There are no worries about irritating ingredients.

Babystep #13 - Menu planning each week

Babystep #14 - Exercise daily - took a walk in between taekwondo classes. Getting better about catching opportunities for extra movement.

Babystep #15 - Glucosamine for arthritis - My knees are feeling great!

Babystep #16 - Homemade yogurt - Fixing to have to start my third batch. Love it!

Babystep #17 - Avoid food dyes

Babystep #18 - Fresh and frozen over canned veggies. - I would stock up on canned veggies on trips to Savealot or Aldi's. I liked knowing that they aren't going to go bad on me. The past few weeks, I've been getting frozen or fresh. This article from Eating Well has some great info like how tomatoes and pumpkin are the exception as far as canned foods that lose nutrients during the preservation process. Meal planning is helping with this. If I happen to not use the produce I bought one week, then I know I must have it on the next week's menu plan. Produce is not ruining in the fridge because I have a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment