Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas gift ideas - museum gift baskets

Our family enjoys museums. We had a membership to McWane Science center and the boys have been asking for us to renew it. We went to the Anniston museums on Museum Day. But these museums are too close together to reciprocate. If we get a membership at the Huntsville Space and Rocket Museum, then we get to go to all the local museums and more. Awesome deal!

So this is our family gift. But what fun is it to just get a membership card? So I decided to make travel kits. I got crayons, busy books, stationary kits, etc that are either wrapped or in their stockings. In thinking of what we would need for our museum trips, I knew the thing of importance for the older boys would be the snacks and drinks. So why not buy drink boxes, snacks and candy and divide it up so each child has their own?

I found 4 sturdy black crates at Dirt Cheap and used a basket I already had on hand for Joseph. I got everything else at Walmart.

  • trail mix
  • raisins
  • craisins
  • apple juice boxes (I get the Mott's for Tots because we usually dilute our apple juice with water anyhow)
  • Veggie Chips
  • Snickers
  • Smarties
  • Water flavoring
  • squeeze applesauce
  • yogurt melts for the baby
There are also marshmallow Santas, Hershey Kisses and candy canes in their stockings so hopefully they can resist digging into their snacks before we head to Huntsville. My husband has his doubts. But I think the anticipation of packing up their own bag will be a real treat for them. 

Just a few more gifts to wrap and one soap saver to finish up and we'll be ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment