Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Stocking stuffers - Soap Savers

I went to our local beekeeper to get another bottle of honey. I put it in the children's smoothies. They also love peanut butter and honey sandwiches. They had honey bar soap. It smells wonderful. Promises to be gentle on the most sensitive skin. So I'm going to try it out before Christmas for one of the littles bath time. If all goes well, five more bars will be purchased for stocking stuffers.

I want to make the bars last so I'm using a pattern I found in one of my Pinterest browsing sessions. This pattern takes a bit of getting used to with turning the bag inside out for each row of the body. I've never done that before but makes total sense. I have finished with Joseph, John Micah and Katie Rose's soap savers and will finish the older boys this week.

I will have the challenge of hanging 5-7 soap savers in two tubs. I wonder if command hooks would work or if the steam from the shower would dissolve the adhesive. I bet I can find something in the hardware section that will work. Maybe some sort of hook that I can hang on the shower rail.

Here is a pic of the first one that I made for my facial soap and Katie Rose's soap saver.



No comments:

Post a Comment