Friday, December 12, 2014

Crochet Cloche Hats

This is one of the coolest and most irritating patterns. Cool because it resulted in two really cool hats. Irritating because the pattern doesn't match the picture. There's this beautiful spiral knitted hat. While I love the crochet pattern, I really really want to try the knitted pattern. But I can't find it! And I'm a much better crocheter than knitter so I'm not able to make the pattern up myself.

The first hat was made with a fairly light yarn but crochet thread is really what helps it have a cloche shape. My daughter loves the first hat. It's warm. The second hat ended up slightly too small for her and I couldn't tie down her little brothers to get a model for it.



The first flower is an irish rose pattern that someone gave me. The second is a doodle flower you can find on ravelry. If you don't already know, ravelry is the coolest thing ever for fiber arts. So many patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment