Monday, December 29, 2014

Organizing crochet/knit supplies

To get started, all you really need are a hook or needles and a ball of yarn. But after a while, the accessories start to add up.


  • stitch markers
  • needle guages
  • yarn needles
  • cable needles
  • scissors
  • different sizes of hooks and needles
  • bobbins
  • stitch holders
I claimed a stash on a freecycle-type group. This lady's stash contained some things that I don't know that I'll ever even use but I have it if I need it. But all this stuff has to be in an accessible place to be useful. It does no good if I can't find it.

I used a Lancome makeup bag. I also found two little organizers (probably for beads or something similar) at a consignment sale. I can organize all the yarn needles, bobbins, stitch markers and such and still have room behind the organizers for hooks, double pointed needles, scissors and more. 

This provides a place for the children to find what they need for their yarn crafts and a place to put things back so that we aren't losing things that we need on a regular basis. It's compact and easy to grab and carry with me.






Joseph is pointing to give you an idea of how small and compact it is. Staying organized means that I can easily carry projects on the go and more projects actually get finished. How do you organize your supplies?

No comments:

Post a Comment