Thursday, November 13, 2014

Babysteps #14 & 15

Babystep #1 Add kefir daily or at least several times a week. check

Babystep #2 One batch of broth and subsequently soup a week. 
 If you've ever seen Ratatouille, you'll recognize this quote, "They like the soup!" After my first soup, my second child asked if there were any leftovers because he enjoyed it. I said to my husband, "He likes the soup....wait where have I heard that before...oh, Ratatouille!" So that is our running comment now when we have a good comment on a new soup. We like the soup!

Babystep #3 Introduce fermented veggies. check

Babystep #4 Streamline kitchen  - Working on keeping it from staying a mess....washing big things immediately even if they might fit in the dishwasher. Those big bowls, crock pots and stock pots can pile up quick. I want to get the pantry rearranged more efficiently because I still have way too much stuff on my counters.

Babystep #5 Add detox baths
 - I traveled 2 hours there and 2 hours back to visit family in Mississippi. I was downright sore the next morning. I've gotten so spoiled with having most everything I need within a 5 mile radius. How in the world did I drive so much once upon a time? Anyhow, the epsom salt bath really helped to get rid of the muscle pain.

Babystep #6 Add omega 3 supplements  check

Babystep #7 Purchase some more local raw honey.  check

Babystep #8 Ginger tea - Got a kettle full steeping now.

Babystep #9 Magnesium supplements - Still haven't needed my inhaler and I am very much more focused.

Babystep #10 Sourdough starter - Both going well and baking up a storm

Babystep #11 Drink water first thing in the morning. - Getting better. I drink my water and then tend to the children and any kitchen tasks before sitting down for my breakfast.

Babystep #12 Work on creating a natural bath set for the children - Haven't seen what I need in stores so going to look online for some options for containers.

Babystep #13 - Menu planning each week - It's really helping me keep on track

Babystep #14 - Exercise daily - I have a terrible time sticking to a schedule with exercising. I allow any upset in our schedule from a change in my husband's work schedule to an illness to derail me. I may not always be able to make it to the gym so I need to have a plan to make something happen at home so that I am more consistent. I need to have Katie Rose practicing her pushups and crunches for taekwondo so I'm going to try to set aside some time every day to do just a few reps. I will do at least 1 plank and several crunches while the older boys and I give an example to Katie Rose on how to do her exercises. You would think that with all the work I do tending to five kids, physical fitness wouldn't be an issue. But it is going to take some concentrated effort to build up more strength.

Babystep #15 - Glucosamine for arthritis - My husband has arthritis which is a blessing that it isn't the rheumatoid arthritis that we feared. We're both getting older because the cold weather started and our knees started hurting. I'm sure eating soups with more of the connective tissue from the bones will naturally help rebuild the protective parts of our joints and it will get better. In the meantime, we already had a big jar of glucosamine that hasn't been used much. So both of us are taking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment