Tuesday, June 17, 2014

When life gives you lemons.....

You make lemonade.

When life gives you a German Chocolate Cake terribly stuck in a bundt pan, you make German Chocolate Cake Crumble!

I made my husband a cake for Father's Day. I knew I should have greased and floured the pan but instead took a chance that the recipe was right and I could just spray a nonstick bundt pan. I am busy and always desperate for shortcuts. Unfortunately, this one didn't work. I realized it was stuck. I used a spatula to loosen the edges. Then a third of it fell out leaving the rest still stuck.

The baby was fussing with Daddy so I needed to get finished quickly. I grabbed a 9x13 pan and dumped it all in. I broke it up a bit with the spatula so that it fit in like a sheet cake. I poured the frosting over it. You would never know by looking at it what a mess it really was.

It was delicious. I got several compliments. And it was quick. I was able to get to a baby fighting sleep much quicker. Who knows? I might let it stick on purpose next time. Here's what's left of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment