Monday, June 16, 2014

Lowe's Build and Grow workshops

I have seen the announcements at Lowe's for these workshops. We never seem to be in town when they happened. And honestly, I didn't really know how cool they were. A few months ago, we started going to them and the kids love them.

One month, we made a recycling truck. Another, we made a flower truck for Mother's Day. This month they made Toothless from How to Train a Dragon. I love How to Train a Dragon. One of the greatest children's movies, hands down! We're going to have plenty of movies to see this summer with the free movies in the morning at the local theatre. And it would make so much more sense to wait til it's out at Redbox. But I'm tempted to go see How to Train a Dragon 2.

They are having a lot of cool projects this summer from How to Train a Dragon, Turbo and Monsters vs Aliens.





I've been tempted to go to the Home Depot workshops but for some reason or another, it never seems to work out. And the disadvantage to Home Depot is that only the two older boys will be able to do their project. I've been super impressed with the staff at Lowe's. They have been super helpful in making sure all four are able to complete their project. After the first workshop, I found a store manager to give a compliment for making the project so fun for all of them.

I ended up sewing the patches on and then ironing. Not sure if I am not ironing long enough or my kids are just too rough on them but we lost one patch. If you sew patches, make sure you have a thimble to push the needle through and a sticker (like from the end of the spool of thread) to pull it when the thimble can't quite it through.

And lesson learned......Never where white shoes to a home improvement store.

No comments:

Post a Comment