Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day

In April 2000, I watched a young man play catch with a boy. He was patient and encouraging. I knew he would make a great father some day. When his roommate suggested giving my phone number to him, I wholeheartedly agreed. In May 2000, we had our first date. Exactly a year later, we married. And 14 years later, we have five children.

I am so grateful for my husband. He invest so much time and energy into our family. He has a lot of fun with the children. And he doesn't shy away from the not so fun activities that come with nasty diapers and yucky illnesses. Happy Father's Day! You are the best!

This Father's Day is a little bittersweet. I no longer have my father or step-father. I am grateful for my father-in-law and for the awesome man he raised.  And I am grateful for my Heavenly Father and the family within the Body of Christ. Those we have lost aren't gone forever. We pray for God's mercy that we have only a temporary separation. Prayers for the many who are separated by miles or death from their fathers this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment