Monday, July 30, 2012

Pantry challenge

I was on the Daniel fast for two weeks instead of the forty days that I had planned. I ran out of beans and other things that made the fast work so I'll finish up the forty days when I get to Alabama. Right now I am challenging myself more to eat as much as possible from the pantry and freezer.

We have a few blueberries left so blueberry muffins will be for breakfast a couple times a week. We have oatmeal so we'll have that for breakfast every other day. We have veggies that we'll eat for lunch. We'll have chocolate pecan cookies with the pecans we have left.  We have so many breakfast options that we may do breakfast for supper as well.

I've really enjoyed the process of creativity to make what we have work. I've also noticed feeling more content. I appreciate what we have that helps me create something delicious. I want to continue this.

When we get moved, I want to shop sales and stock up when I can so that I am shopping for the pantry and not just for what I want to cook for the week. As I cook more and more with what we have, I'll get better and better at making it work. Practice makes perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment