Friday, July 27, 2012

Kitchen mistakes make for interesting results

We have really been cleaning out the kitchen. We made vegetarian chili with adzuki beans and a small amount of red lentils last night. Breakfast and lunch are still pretty easy but supper is requiring some major creativity. It makes me anxious to see the shelves emptying. I know I need to only buy what I need to use up what is left in the cabinets but I have to fight the urge to buy a buggy load. A full pantry and freezer makes me feel secure. But being creative and finding ways to make do make me feel satisfied and more content. I made a big batch of muffin mix to make 12 batches of muffins using the recipe from The Gluten Free Gourmet Bakes Bread. I made one batch with blueberries. I wanted a streusel topping but I softened the butter too much and it was more like a paste. The baby was crying so I just spooned the brown sugar/cinnamon/butter mix and watched it sink into the muffin batter. Well the brown sugar mix pushed the blueberries to the bottom. Removing the paper and putting it upside down made it like a muffin topped with a blueberry/brown sugar jam. Super delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment