Thursday, July 19, 2012

Clutter Buster: Ipad 2

I had my doubts about how one device could really be worth so much money. My husband didn't pay anywhere close to full price. But after using it for a couple of weeks, I can definitely say it would have been worth it at full price. Worth every penny.

Why?

Because of all the clutter it eliminates.

I can save my pdf files of craft projects in ibooks.

I can have an app to review the presidents eliminating flash cards.

More flash cards are available for babies and toddlers. A great way to keep the little ones busy while the older ones do their school work.

Math drills are available through several apps.

Stack the states and Stack the countries are apps that help review geography facts. We have the lite version that's free but will definitely be getting the full version that is a whopping 99 cents.

I have a Catholic Calendar that tells me what feasts and saints are celebrated on any given day. Also an app with popular Catholic prayers. I have a full version of the Catholic Bible.

I have the kindle and nook apps that help me find lots of free books.

I have a "This Day in History" app that connects me to Amazon so I can find free books about the people and places that are applicable for that day.

RecorderMaster is a recorder tutor.

Dust Buster is a piano tutor.

Interactive textbooks that would cost a hundred dollars or more are available on Itunes U for $14.99 at the most. Educational videos are available for free through Itunes U

I have a myriad of other educational games, list keepers, calendar, camera, magazines, maps and more. I have easy access to email and browser capabilities when hooked up to WiFi but many of the apps work without internet.

All the books, flash cards, educational games and tutors that I would need to replace what's available in this small tablet would take up massive amounts of space. But instead I can carry all of it wherever I go. So the boys are doing schoolwork joyfully when we are in the car or waiting at the dr's office.

My biggest reservation with Ipad was that if it broke, then I would be left high and dry without all my information. Icloud keeps all my calendar, list and contact information safe and accessible from any browser. Itunes keeps all my purchase history even of the free apps available to reload if this Ipad ever had to be replaced. Hopefully it will last a very long time. But I will keep my eyes peeled for another deal. This brings us closer to being digital homeschoolers and eliminates the need for all the clutter that can be associated with traditional homeschooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment