Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Babystep #25 Ditch the table salt

Babystep #1 - Add kefir daily or at least several times a week.

Babystep #2 - One batch of broth and subsequently soup a week.

Babystep #3 - Introduce fermented veggies.

Babystep #4 - Streamline kitchen

Babystep #5 - Add detox baths

Babystep #6 - Add omega 3 supplements

Babystep #7 - Purchase some more local raw honey.

Babystep #8 - Ginger tea - My day doesn't feel complete without it.

Babystep #9 - Magnesium supplements - James needed the inhaler when RSV went through the house. I was able to use Mucinex and sinus rinses and forgo the inhaler.

Babystep #10 - Sourdough starter - I reduced it to one starter after holidays but then my one starter fizzled out for some reason. Will be getting one started back up shortly.

Babystep #11 - Drink water first thing in the morning.

Babystep #12 - Work on creating a natural bath set for the children  - The soap savers are working great!

Babystep #13 - Menu planning each week - I am actually emptying the fridge throughout the week. Every meal has been planned. Extras go in the freezer and very little ruins in the back of the fridge. Once shopping day comes, my drawers are emptied and ready for fresh meat and veggies. 

Babystep #14 - Exercise daily - One of the productivity recommendations is to Eat the Frog. It comes from the idea that if you ate a frog in the morning, everything else would be easy after that. Your frog is the hardest thing for you to do. Exercise is the hardest thing for me to follow through with but I want to be productive so my frog is getting to the gym or on the Wii Fit. I must eat it before breakfast.

Babystep #15 - Glucosamine for arthritis - We've had some major Artic chill. I have had no joint pain and my husband has had minimal. 

Babystep #16 - Homemade yogurt

Babystep #17 - Avoid food dyes

Babystep #18 - Fresh and frozen over canned veggies - My pantry looks a little strange and we've gone through bags of carrots like never before. Looking forward to summer and the farmers market.

Babystep #19 - Be calm

Babystep #20 - Enzymes

Babystep #21 - Avoid MSG

Babystep #22 - use sinus rinses proactively  Especially after vacuuming or any decluttering project. Dust is my nemesis. I clean, get sick, don't clean, dust piles up more, get worse next time I clean, etc. It's a vicious cycle. Working on cleaning regularly and minimizing clutter but dust is really hard to escape. Looking at getting a face mask for when I clean like Nony. 

Babystep #23 - Extra Vit C and Vit D3 during flu season

Babystep #24 - Gluten free pasta

Babystep #25 - Ditch the table salt - Making soup every week and cooking with whole foods is really making us go through the salt faster. Not much has been preseasoned so I need to add adequate seasoning and sodium is required for our bodies. But the chemically processed stuff in the stores isn't very healthy. After reading some on different salts, I learned sea salt is misleading because every salt is the result of a sea at one point of time or another. Although I do like my Celtic sea salt especially for Salted Caramel Mochas. The color is apparently what indicates the mineral content. I found some dark pink Himalayan salt on Amazon and it came in the mail today. It can have up to 84 trace minerals and elements. Very fascinating!

No comments:

Post a Comment