Monday, November 4, 2013

Treat tins for Christmas gifts

I love upcycling! Taking something that normally would go in the trash and making something useful and beautiful with it. I really enjoy making little happies for Christmas gifts. It may be more enjoyable for me than the recipients but my family humors me. 

This year, I want to focus on giving more to others outside my flesh and blood. I've started that a little by offering fresh-baked banana bread or Halloween candy to Charter repairmen that have had to come to my house way too often. I also have the opportunity with teachers and staff at the boys' school. If I can, I hope to take the kids to offer treats to public service individuals like fireman, policeman and such. 

I've saved all the formula cans since Joseph was born. (Yes, I know breastfeeding is best but I've not had much luck with it) I took off the label and decoupaged scrapbooking paper onto the can and lid. It's a little difficult dealing with the curves and circles. I can't say that I have mastered getting all the bubbles out from under the paper but I have quite a few more to do and practice makes perfect. I can now take treats like cookies or fudge and place them into a ziploc or treat bag. The bag can then go in these cute tins and delivered to whomever we choose to spread the Christmas cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment