Monday, November 11, 2013

GF Banana White Chocolate Pancakes

Often, we have something special for Sunday meals. I'll fix a roast dinner or Mike will grill for us. This Sunday, we were getting over two weeks of colds, coughs and strep throat. We needed a simple day.

So I planned pancakes for Sunday supper. But after getting a few hours of extra sleep and a good hot shower, I was feeling better and wanted to jazz the pancakes up a bit. I would normally make blueberry pancakes but I had already made blueberry muffins for breakfast using Pamela's Ultimate Baking and Pancake Mix, 4-Pound Bags (Pack of 3)

Blueberries twice in one day would be a bit overkill. I had some white chocolate chips that needed to be used up. So I looked online at a few recipes and then came up with my own version. I would have used cinnamon in the pancakes if two of my kiddos hadn't shown sensitivities to it. But they turned out delicious none-the-less. My second child only ate two when he is normally begging for a fourth or fifth of my blueberry pancakes. But he has this weird aversion to most things white. He thought at first that the white chocolate chips was cottage cheese. I tried to explain to him that he really needs to let his tastebuds make the decision.

I absolutely love Pamela's Baking mix. It is a very easy way to fix gluten free goodies when I am short on time and energy. No guesswork! I know whatever I make with it will turn out perfect. No wasted time making something not worth eating. I included the link above where I order it by the box from Amazon.

GF Banana White Chocolate Pancakes

3 bananas, mashed
2 cups Pamela's Baking Mix
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups water
2 T oil
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Mash bananas in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients except for chocolate chips. Whisk well. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto a 325 degree griddle. (Love my griddle, too! Invaluable in making pancakes, grilled cheese, crispy bacon and even fried eggs. Saves a lot of time standing over the stove.)

I doubled this recipe for my big brood. Many times, there isn't any left. Because these were a bit rich, there were more leftover so I am eating some for breakfast. They reheat well.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment