Friday, November 8, 2013

Healthy Beverages

When my first two boys were little, I gave them mostly milk and apple juice. I was thinking that those were healthy options except that one of the boys having a lactose sensitivity and even watered down apple juice prevented their gastrointestinal problems from going away.

When my next two started having similar problems, I asked the pediatrician what to do and she recommended water with the squeeze-in liquid flavoring like Mio. I LOVE having a mom for a pediatrician. Our old pediatrician had five children and was pretty kid savvy but nothing beats mom-experience coupled with a medical degree. She knows the best, easiest ways of accomplishing what needs to be done.

We had a cold last week and this week, one child has strep with possibly a sinus infection. I have been drinking GGMS which gives me apple cider vinegar daily.



I don't get near the sinus infections that I used to with apple cider vinegar. I can't exactly explain how it works but after drinking an ACV drink, I can feel the mucus loosening and coming down my throat. By clearing my sinuses, it doesn't sit and fester and turn into an infection.

I wanted to get my kids to drink something similar but they aren't fans of that kombucha-like taste. Then I found this recipe for healthy Cool-aid. I don't have any fruity herbal tea at the moment so I'm using up some koolaid packages. While we use up what we got, I'm gonna keep an eye out for herbal tea coupons and sales.



Today I used orange and mango in a gallon of water. I added a few shakes of Sweet Leaf Stevia and a generous splash of ACV. I stirred it up and asked James to try it and tell me if it was sweet enough. He loved it and told me that it was the best drink I had ever made. Told me that he loved me and gave me a hug for it. I do believe that it is a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment