Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Our busy life

Life has been busy. Homeschooling is hard work. I go back and forth between worrying we aren't getting enough done and amazed at how much we are getting done. I think that means I'm striking a pretty good balance. We've gone on some cool field trips including a history museum, natural science museum and art museum.

Katie Rose is gaining confidence in taekwondo. She often has a helper to put her body in the right positions but the last class she didn't. Without a helper, she started doing more on her own. She loves it!

John Micah is talking a lot! I am looking forward to the speech therapist's visit on Thursday. We've texted back and forth about his improvement but I hope she hears a lot for herself.

Joseph is walking and gaining more confidence and strength everyday. He's cutting all 4 molars at once. He's still a sweetheart but not quite as bubbly.

James is doing well in taekwondo. He really enjoys the sparring. I bet he will do very well at tournament in November. James might be too young for the intensity of Latin. I have taken it slow with lots of reviews before quizzes and tests but his scores were still way below David's scores. I looked for recommendations on a Catholic Charlotte Mason homeschooling Facebook group and got some recommendations for easier programs that I may get with the younger ones I have that could also use it. For the mean time, I am only testing him on vocabulary. We'll test on conjugations and declensions next year. They are surprised when they find Latin words in everyday life even Angry Birds. Their vocabulary included Stella which means star and Angry birds has a character named Stella as well as my grandmother's middle name Estelle comes from that Latin word. Science is always giving us examples. I read recently that learning Latin makes almost every other subject 50% easier. I believe it!

David is knitting up a storm. The book he borrowed from the library has been renewed. He made a blanket and pillow for his Scooby Doo. He made kite bookmarks for himself, his brother and me. He is now working on a doll for Katie Rose. He bought four new skeins of yarn at Michael's. He is in full-swing birthday and Christmas mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment