Thursday, October 31, 2013

Born to Win - FREE Ebook



 I had heard a few quotes by Zig Ziglar on the Dave Ramsey show and Facebook but I had not read any of thirty or so books. So I was curious when I saw this book for free on Amazon.

 I read it all in one day. I am a speed reader but it would be a quick read for most. It seems to condense his forty years of motivational speaking into an easy-to-use format. I really love the visuals he gives to help in goal setting.

 I love the permission to redo goals every six months. I don't have to figure it all out today. I can add more goals and tweak the approach to other goals that I couldn't accomplish.

 This works well for someone who finds it so easy to get caught up in hyperfocus. I can be a great cook, housekeeper, creative artist, wife and mom but not always at the same time. Ziglar's approach gives me a way to visually see where my life is out of balance and allows for goal setting and follow through to correct it.

 This ties in so well with the seven habits so I am going to work on a tweaked wheel for the boys. Davy has goal setting assignments anyhow. This will help them also see visually where they can be more balanced. There is also a workbook at the end of the ebook for help in goal setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment