Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sourdough beignets

It's interesting to look back and see how everything has been pointing me to the Roman Catholic Church. I took Latin in high school and college. I really love the language. I have always wanted to visit Italy. I really enjoy traveling to New Orleans.

One of my family's traditions is making beignets for supper. Most of the time we use refrigerated biscuits. Tonight, I tried a recipe for sourdough beignets. The directions included salt and eggs that weren't in the ingredient list. I added 1 1/2 tsp salt and two eggs. It made for a chewy donut rather than the lighter beignets of Cafe du Monde. It was a crowd pleaser and made twice as much as we could eat. I cut them and began cooking and ended up having to cut some of the later batches in half again because they kept rising.




Don't ask me why this is right side up in my camera roll but then uploads upside down. But it's lots of deliciousness either way you look at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment